Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Valentine

This post today is inspired by my friend, Lindsay W., aka. the "Lindsanator." (She can be found at Wags on the Web.) She was inspired by our speaker this week at MomSpace and decided to post 10 things she loves about her husband for Valentine's Day. I thought this would be fun, so here I go...

TOP TEN REASONS I LOVE NATE

1. He works hard for the money... so hard for me honey...! I'm not sure if those are the right lyrics, but it is true of Nate. He gets up early to drive over an hour to work and spends his days staring at a computer screen and talking on the phone, which we all know guys hate.
2. He is clean. I'm not talking about around the house, although he is great about cleaning the house after I have gone somewhere for a weekend. I mean his body. He is meticulous about taking care of himself and I am glad for that. Who likes dirty fingernails or stinky pits?
3. He is a player. No, not that kind of player... He plays with our kids. He is a really, really, really good daddy and our kids adore him. I think the thing they love the most about him is that he is always willing to play with them. They ride skateboards, do Wii games, and wrestle on the ground. He compensates for my lack in this department, so I am grateful for this quality.

4. He is really funny. I mean really funny. He has already been able to make me laugh, and 11 years later he still can.

5. He keeps my car very clean. Although this used to be a source of annoyance for me because of the length of TIME it took to do it, now I see it as a labor of love and I rarely hassle him for anymore. I love that I never have to wash the car, vacuum the seats, or clean the windows.

6. He brushes my hair when I need him to. I LOVE to have my hair brushed, so I LOVE him when he does this at night when we are watching TV in bed.

7. He loves God. Nate desires to please God with his life and I respect this about him enormously.
8. He likes the same shows as I do, for the most part. I like being able to watch TV with him and I appreciate that he will sit with me and watch Jon and Kate when I ask him to, or that we will laugh our heads off at Ellen. American Idol is our ritual and 24 rocks!

9. He always gets up with the kids on the weekend mornings. This should be #1. I love to sleep in and he is a morning person, so he just gets up and hangs out with them quietly downstairs until I wake up. How great is that?

10. ________________________________ (I'm leaving this one blank because if I've learned anything these last 11 years, it's that there are always new things that I am learning about Nate and new things I am learning to love about him. So, #10 is for all of the future ways I will love him...)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh thats so nice (& funny!) I hope other people our inspired by our love letters about our "possums" & pass the love on!!
Good Job Fretz!!
P.S. We looooooove 24 too!! I heart Jack Bauer!

Thany said...

I love this list so so very much.