Wednesday, March 25, 2009
"Isn't that funny, Mama?"
Yes, it is. Mostly, I'm just thankful that my daughter and her friend still giggle about such silly things.
Friday, March 13, 2009
It took me a minute, but then I remembered his version of the sugary cereal he's eaten only a handful of times. Lucky Charms. Right. Boy, that cereal has made a lasting impression on that kid. He acts like it's his long lost friend whenever he sees a box in the store.
This incident reminded me of all of the funny words my kids have said over the years.
Let me try to remember some of them:
Olivia: "Gack-a-mody" for guacamole
Olivia: "Buh-dult" for adult
Brennen: "Guh-mote" for remote
Olivia: "Thor head" for forehead
Brennen: "Woo-vie" for movie
Brennen: "High High Moosica" for High School Musical
Kids are always good for a laugh!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
I think one of my favorite sounds in the whole world is a laughing baby...
Even better is when it's one of my nieces.
Avery is 8 months now and really a lot of fun.
I've realized that I will do ANYTHING it takes to make a baby laugh. In this instance, I was barking like a dog and shaking my head making loose lips sounds. Silly, I know, but it worked!
Please excuse my appearance... it was morning.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
"Come here, Liv!"
2. What makes your mom happy? "When I obey you."
3. What makes your mom sad? "When I throw a fit."
4. How does your mom make you laugh? "By tickling me."
5. What was your mom like as a child? "You looked like me."
6. How old is your mom? "Right now? Um.. 31?" (she's right!)
7. How tall is your mom? (she's measuring me with her hands right now...) "20 feet long"
8. What is your mom's favorite thing to do? "Type on the computer."
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? "Talk on the phone."
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? "A child carrier" (???)
11. What is your mom not really good at? "Playing games... because you never win!" (Hmmm...)
12. What is your mom very good at? "Driving!" (Thank you very much!)
13. What does your mom do for her job? "A substitute teacher."
14. What is your mom's favorite food? "Meatloaf."
15. What makes your mom proud of you? "When I do good work at school!"
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? "Spongebob!"
17. What do you and your mom do together? "Play games"
18. How are you and your mom the same? "We both like eggs!"
19. How are you and your mom different? "You are bigger than me."
20. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? "The mall! And BJ's." (Pretty darn accurate.)
21. How do you know your mom loves you? "Because you hug me and kiss me!"